Friday, November 5, 2010

Can You DIg It?




Today we visited Gilcrease Museum to see some of my daughters artwork. Of course we had to hit the gift shop and I found this fun little item. It is a rock and mineral excavation kit called *Dig It Out* It is about the size of a bar of soap and comes with 3 tools. Inside are 2 gems or minerals- I was pleasantly surprised to discover 2 as I thought there would only be 1.






After about 5 minutes of *digging* we could begin to see something! This is quite exciting for a 7 year old and I must admit that I enjoyed it as well. I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was a kid and this would have been an awesome item to have but the 70's didn't roll that way.






After 10 minutes or so we realized there were 2 items inside- what a deal for $3.95!!





Still trying to identify what we got- the package has some pictures on it and there is a guide book inside that has the tiniest writing in it I have ever seen so I am still working on it. All in all it was a fun item, we had some good quality time together and learned at the same time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would so enjoy it myself!
Love your jewellery and you blog
Kari