Monday, September 1, 2008

GASP!! A teenager is pregnant!


Where do I even start?? I rarely, if ever, post in political threads on Etsy. They all seem to end in name calling and stupidity. Some trolls just can not have a serious discussion. It is unfortunate that it has to come to threads being closed.
It is being reported that the Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. Oh , the horror!! Guess what?? I don't really care if she is pregnant- really, I don't!

I don't know the Palin family so I who am I to judge?? I didn't get riled up when Obama's pastor was all over the news either! When it comes to politics- I either like the canidate or don't- that is just how I roll.



Obama- I like him but I don't know all his policies, haven't really studied that much.
McCain- meh.. I was a huge fan when I live in AZ but he just doesn't do anything for me
Biden- no opinion really
Palin- I like her, I hardly know much about her though- but I like that she fishes!

So you can see that my perspective is a bit skewed- I like someone or I don't.

The only candidate that really sparked my interest and I read all about and studied was Ron Paul and we all know how that turned out.....
I like good political or religous discussion. I tend to make my statements about how I feel on the subject and leave it at that. I ask questions in a nice way and don't attack others with differing opinions. That is just how I roll.
Whoever the next president is I hope they do a good job.

3 comments:

Blackfeatherfarm said...

It is a shame Ron Paul never really got a chance. That is who I would have voted for myself.

elizabethjayne said...

Thanks for stopping by - I've put most of those veggies to good use :)

I was a big RP supporter myself initially. Although not surprised, I was very disappointed at his media coverage. I totally agree that the Etsy forums are just out of hand; it's really sad the way some people carry on.

T.Allen said...

Yeah, the fora is getting kinda crazy, the air is better out here. And, I agree who cares (aside of the Palin's of course) if the girl is pregnant. I have a teenager, trust me I'm too busy, literally *tending* to my own business to be worried about them.