Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tulsa State Fair




I love the fair. I haven't figured out why they call it the Tulsa State Fair but no matter.

The Tulsa fair is heavy on livestock, trucks,farming,and animals.

One of the big draws is the birthing center where you can watch pigs give birth- standing room only with grandstand seats! My favorite part is the petting zoo. I could spend all day there.

We hit the fair early and did lots of rides before the crowds showed up. Compared to Phoenix the crowds are light though.


This year I sampled Corn Dogs and Frozen Chocolate covered Cheesecake- Yummy
I did have a taste of a frozen Margarita, barbeque chicken and beef, and steak dinner.
We all kind of shared whatever we got so no one really got too much of anything.





I also had to hit the vendors and got myself a nice Tulsa State Fair Hoodie and a 15 minute massage. We sampled candy, looked at pianos, and I kissed Sarah Palin.


To top off the night my daughter and I rode the Skyscraper. I had ridden it it twice in Phoenix about 6 years ago and loved it. The Skyscraper is about 160 feet tall and goes 70 miles per hour.

It is funny because every year we would drive to Sand Diego we would pass throught the area of the huge windmills and I would always say "I wonder if they strapped someone on the blades what kind of ride that would be" well someone beat me to it and invented it!


Last but not least on the way out the sea lions had finished their show and were available for pictures. They were 2 females trained to put their head on your shoulder and pose. They were so cute and it was amazing to see one up close. They were very soft but sure smelled like fish!
My sweashirt was the source of a chewing episode for the dog when I got home.
Looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

80sMom said...

I love fairs like this. the pig birthing part sounds awesome, a great thing for kids to see the process of childbirth. Never get sick of going to things like the one you attended!