Saturday, October 11, 2008

An unusual source of amusement




Last week I took down a birdhouse from one of the trees. My friend Mary gave it to me about 20 years ago and we have dragged it from house to house and state to state. Living in Oklahoma some birds actually took up residence in it and had babies in the springs.
I set it on the ground and went about my business only to hear the dog barking soon after. He was completely curious about it and was pawing and barking at it. Then he pawed at it and the bird house flipped back towards him and scared him half to death! The house is his favorite toy now and maybe it has something to do with the smell. He flips it around, lays on it,runs around with it, and generally loves it. So much for *dog* toys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, what a gorgeous boy!!!

Rick said...

Sweet post! But I love dogs, so ...

:)

UniqueNurseGranny said...

So cute.When I first saw it I blanched as it looked like a wasp nest..He had good fun didn't he?

Keys and Memories said...

Right now he deserves a wasp nest-he just ate my fan cord from within his crate! Sigh....