Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mr Darcy


What is it about Mr Darcy??? I finally decided to get into the swing of things and see the BBC production with Colin Firth. I enjoyed the first half especially Mr Bennet's whit. As I came up to the second half I sort of thought *What is the big deal with this* as I enjoyed it but wasn't bowled over with emotion. A good, emotional movie for me is Braveheart and this wasn't exactly the same. However at some point when Mr. Darcy spoke I found myself getting teary eyed and really rooting for him.

I guess this must be the magic that is Pride and Prejudice? I have always wanted to find out the secret since I watched *You've got mail*

JOE
But you'll never forgive me. Like
Elizabeth.

KATHLEEN
Who?

JOE
Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice.
She was too proud --

KATHLEEN
I thought you hated Pride and Prejudice.

JOE
-- or was she too prejudiced and Mr.
Darcy too proud? I can never remember.
(beat)
It wasn't personal

That scene has been in my head since the movie came out! SO I thoroughly enjoyed the BBC production and decided to do some reading so I picked up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and loved it! Once again Mr. Darcy is dashing and a kick ass zombie killer.

Next up is Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly and Lost in Austen about a girl getting thrown back in time into the novel.

No comments: